June 19, 2012
Drones: Will we be soon seeing these in Yelm soon?
The June 16th Blog entry here garnered many viewers and several personal comments sent in.
The news in the last few days about drones spying on civilians is a good follow-up to the "traffic cameras" now arriving in yelm:
- "Drones over America: Are they spying on you?"
"Thousands of them could be flying in US skies within the next 10 years"
Read more by Brad Knickerbocker in The Christian Science Monitor.
- "Talk of drones patrolling US skies spawns anxiety"
Read more by Joan Lowy of the Associated Press.
- "The drone over your backyard: A guide"
"U.S. skies are being opened to police and private drones. Will it be the end of privacy?"
Read more in "The Week" Magazine.
- "War Evolves With Drones, Some Tiny as Bugs"
Read more from Elisabeth Bumiller and Thom Shanker in today's New York Times.
- "US military surveillance future: Drones now come in swarms?"
"A small insect or a mosquito over your ear may now be much more than simply annoying. Those could easily be micro drones which now come in a swarm of bug-sized flying spies," quoting RT.
And then this in USA Today on June 20, 2012:
- "High-definition cameras, biometric scanning could speed fliers through airport security."
UPDATE: June 25, 2012
"Jimmy Carter Accuses U.S. of 'Widespread Abuse of Human Rights'"
Read more from ABC News, Amy Bingham
Read more from President Carter's Op-Ed in The New York Times.