Father and children hugging
Photo credit: hdimagelib.com Inc.
Share a hug with someone this Father’s Day!
– “How Hugs Heal — Have You Had a Hug Today?”
* From birth to death, touch is an important part of your emotional and physical health as it triggers the release of hormones such as dopamine and oxytocin, and reduces the amount of cortisol in your body
* Health benefits that result from hugs include a reduction in feelings of sadness, lower blood pressure, slowed heart rate, reduced anxiety and increased compassion
* You may be able to increase the number of hugs and touch you get each day by staying tuned in to others who want hugs, giving hugs and engaging in therapeutic touch activities
By Dr. Mercola
– And who doesn’t need a hug?
Click here for this touching video.