– Editor’s note:
With the conclusion of candidate filing week last Friday, Thurston County Auditor Mary Hall’s office has complied the list of who stepped-up to serve in representing Thurston County constituents in the November 2018 election.
No Yelm City Hall seats are up for election this year.
– From the Office of Thurston County Auditor Mary Hall
Candidates of note for most SE Thurston voters are as follows:
* Assessor: Incumbent Steven J. Drew, Democrat
Challenger Tim Oliver, Independent
* Auditor: Incumbent Mary Hall, Democrat
Challenger Stuart Holmes, Independent
* Clerk: Incumbent Linda Enlow, Democrat
* Commissioner, District No. 3: Incumbent Bud Blake, Independent
Challengers Melissa Denton, Tye Menser, Jed Haney, Independent
* Coroner: Incumbent Gary Warnock, Democrat
* Prosecuting attorney: Incumbent Jon Tunheim, Democrat
Challenger Victor M. Minjares, Democrat
* Sheriff: Incumbent John Snaza, Independent
* Treasurer: Incumbent Jeff Gadman, Democrat
* District Court, Position 1: Incumbent Judge Kalo Wilcox, nonpartisan seat
Running unopposed for the nonpartisan seat.
* District Court, Position 2: Incumbent Judge Sam Meyer, nonpartisan seat
* District Court, Position 3: Incumbent Judge Brett Buckley, nonpartisan seat
* Public Utility District, District No. 1: Incumbent Linda Oosterman, nonpartisan seat
Challenger Andrew Saturn
* District No. 2: Reps. Andrew Barkis and J.T. Wilcox, both incumbent Republicans.
Challenger Anneliese Field, Democrat, for the Position 1 seat held by Barkis,
No challenger for Wilcox
* Position 2: Incumbent Susan Owens, nonpartisan seat
Challenger (Zamboni) John Scannell
* Position 8: Incumbent Steve Gonzalez, nonpartisan seat
Challenger Nathan Choi
* Position 9: Incumbent Sheryl G. McCloud, nonpartisan seat
Challenger Stanley I. Lippmann
* 10th District: Incumbent U.S. Rep. Denny Heck, Democrat.
Challengers: Republican Joseph Brumbles, Nancy Dailey Slotnick of the Independent Centrist Party, Tamborine Borrelli of the Independent Progressive Party.
Incumbent Maria Cantwell, Democrat.
29 challengers have filed:
Republicans: Roque “Rocky” De La Fuente, Keith Swank, Dave Bryant, Ron Higgins, RC Smith, GoodSpaceGuy, Matthew D. Heines, Joey Gibson, Glen R. Stockwell, Art Coday, Matt Hawkins, Tim Owen, John Orlinski and Susan Hutchison;
Democrats: Clint R. Tannehill, Mohammad Said, Don L. Rivers and George H. Kalberer;
Independents: Charlie R Jackson, Jon Butler, Dave Strider, Jennifer Gigi Ferguson and Thor Amundson; and Steve Hoffman of the FreedomSocialist Party, Sam Wright of The Human Rights Party, Alex Tsimerman of the StandupAmerica Party, James Robert “Jimmie” Deal of the Green Party, Brad Chase of the FDFR Party and Mike Luke, a Libertarian.
Read more from the Auditor’s report.