This writer has received a request from a reader to list here the Letter to the Editor I wrote that was published on October 20 in the NVN. The following was printed unabridged:
I am writing as I have observed you to say you are intent on providing balanced reporting for your readers.
Therefore, I am sure that you would wish to let your readers know that there are current and non-current students in Ramtha’s School of Enlightenment that use the knowledge they have been taught in RSE in their lives everyday and are proud to say so, in contrast to your two front-page stories, beginning with the Sept. 22 article titled “Life after RSE focus of meeting Sunday.”
The following students are just some of the names that were in the media in recent weeks that would provide your reporters plenty of material to present a balanced report, all have called this area home.
Further, I understand your reporters are always looking for stories of interest on which to present to your readers, so there is plenty of material here.
1. Linda Evans was a guest on CNN’s Larry King Live on Sept. 15 sharing with a worldwide audience about her new role on the stage in Legends! and that she moved here to attend RSE.
2. James Flick achieving the rank of 70 out of 8,800 participants in the World Series of poker and bringing home over $90,000 in winnings.
3. Cate Montana’s new publication announced mid-September, Global Intelligencer, with 85,000 initial subscribers.
4. Danielle McCarter, Northwest Airlines Seattle Reservations Call Center Manager being selected to manage the opening and staff training of Northwest Airlines’ new Singapore Reservations Call Center, which will take calls from all over SE Asia. Danielle’s husband Dave is also a NWA reservations agent in Seattle and former RSE student.
5. Yelm Real Estate Network Military Outreach Project spearheaded by RSE student Joann Gifford, who is collecting gifts that will be distributed in conjunction with Fort Lewis to local Nisqually Valley military serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.
6. Area movie producer Betsy Chasse’s new children’s book company Elora Media, based in Yelm announced in September.
7. Area artist Gary Craig introducing his illustrations for three new children’s books.
8. Guustaaf Damaave’s touching Patriot Day story completing the destiny of his family’s WWII Holland liberation greeting card he recently found 60 years later and passed on to former WWII soldier and Yelm City Council-man Don Miller.
9. Piano composer Joe Bongiorno’s announcement he has been selected to perform his music composition in-concert in Bellevue Nov. 4. Further, he was made executive manager of Seattle’s Piatti Italian Restaurant in September.
10. Sam George, Microsoft’s Tablet PC program developer interviewed by Jean Enerson on KING-5 TV for his miraculous recovery from a near-death jet-ski incident and his novel treatment at Harborview Hospital and Medical Center.
11. Jean Marie Christenson garnering more total votes than the incumbent in our local Second Legislative District’s Primary on Sept. 19. She is the Democratic candidate for our state’s Legislature and lives in your newspaper’s local demographics area.
12. Local resident John Glennie was interviewed in Yelm last month for a documentary slated for Japanese television. Mr. Glennie was owner and captain of the boat Rose-Noelle when it capsized. His book chronicles the 119 days he and his crew spent adrift at sea that commanded the unofficial world’s record for survival in a cold climate.
13. Area frequent visitor, (actress) Salma Hayek made international headlines last month with the premier of her new ABC-TV sitcom “Ugly Betty.”
14. Local author Bettye Johnson has been named the winner of the prestigious 2006 Independent Publisher Book Awards in the category “Religious Fiction” for her book Secrets of the Magdalene Scrolls.
15. Local son Tal Moore starting a successful Internet business from scratch in Rainier to national acclaim, covered by your Seattle P-I colleagues.
16. Danielle Graham’s Yelm-based NW Frontier Research Institute, a Yelm-based nonprofit global research organization, being invited to collaborate with China’s scientists and traveling to Hong Kong next month.
17. Dr. Miceal Ledwith, former adviser to the Pope, introducing his second DVD in the series titled “The Hidden Years, Vol. 2 of Deep Deceptions – How Jesus Became a Christ.”
18. JZ Knight, opening her new JZ-Rose store as anchoring Bellevue Square tenant and branding her Yelm location JZ-Rose.
I invite you to contact any of the aforementioned people for next week’s story, to provide your reporters plenty of balance in your newspaper’s report of RSE students and their accomplishments.
Stephen R. Klein
Post a comment
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!
The comments are closed.