1. The Nov. 5th Thurston County Board of Commissioners Meeting was postponed to give the County Staff an opportunity to resubmit more comprehensive information to the Commissioners, since the Thurston Planning Commission did NOT approve Yelm’s Comp. Plan Amendments.
2. Additional briefs will be presented & discussed among the Commissioners on Tuesday, Nov. 27th from 2-3pm.
The public is welcome to attend as observers only, however no public comments are permitted at this meeting.
The is a Board briefing by County Staff to clarify several issues.
3. A tentative reschedule date of Tuesday, December 4 at 6pm is the suggested date/time of the public hearing on the Yelm Comp. Plan.
That is not definite, as that date/time must be agreed to by the Commissioners at a Board Meeting.
So, until the Board meets and agrees, the Dec. 4th date will not appear on the calendar.
However, the Dec. 4th date is expected to be approved.
Those wishing to provide public testimony at the proposed Dec, 4th meeting are encouraged to attend the Nov. 27 briefing to be in full knowledge of what will be covered at the Public Hearing.
4. Aimee Swenson, Associate Planner for Development Services is the person to write for those wishing to have their comments be included as part of the public input, however you must do so in writing by December 3rd at 5pm.
You may email your comments directly to her at:
or via snail mail to:
2000 Lakeridge Dr. SW
Bldg.1, 2nd Floor
Olympia, WA 98502
5. The Board of Commissioners will have Work Sessions on Dec. 12 from 3-4pm and on Dec. 18 to review and interchange amongst themselves all of the public input.
The public is welcome to attend as observers only, however no public comments are permitted at these 2 sessions.