“The ASES National Solar Tour is the largest tour of sustainable energy features for buildings in the U.S. Now in its 12th year, some 100,000 people across the nation will see how neighbors are using clean sources of energy to save on energy bills and protect the environment. Through a series of open-houses and informative tours participants learn about renewable energy options, energy efficient design, real-world costs, current rebates available, and other valuable insights,” quoting their website.
Presents the National Solar Tour
Saturday, October 6, 2007 10am to 4pm
Self-Guided Tour in Thurston County
For Locations & Map: http://www.solarwashington.org/tour/2007/OlympiaTour.htm
What is a Green Home?
* They use less energy and are more comfortable to live in.
* They use less water for every day use
* They have healthy, superior, indoor air quality
* They use our natural resources efficiently, by reducing waste, reusing products, and using products that contain recycled content, and
* Their landscapes requires less watering and chemicals, and a landscape that minimizes water run-off problems down stream.
A Green Built Home is Simply a Quality Built Home
That Will Retain Value into the Future !!!
The tour is sponsored locally by
SunSet Air, Scott Homes & Merrill Lynch
If you live in Pierce County, the Graham Dispatch says,
“On Saturday, Oct. 6, the public is invited to tour several Pierce County homes and laboratory sites to see working solar power installations and other alternative energy generation systems. Sponsored by Tacoma Power, the American Solar Energy Society and local proponents, six sites, including two in Graham, are available from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. free of charge.