The Thurston County WasteMobile offers a convenient way to dispose of household toxic products without having to drive to HazoHouse on Hogum Bay Road. The WasteMobile is a traveling collection station where residents can dispose of household poisonous products free-of-charge.
The next WasteMobile events will be held on the following days at Yelm Middle School, 402 Yelm Ave. W:
Saturday, May 31 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday, June 1 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Items Accepted at the WasteMobile
Please bring waste in five-gallon containers or smaller. The following items will be accepted (no business-generated wastes, please):
* Auto products (motor oil, oil filters, antifreeze, car batteries, brake fluid)
* Oil-based and latex paints
* Thinners and solvents
* Glues and adhesives
* Any type of battery (also visit the Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation for a list of local sites that accept rechargeable batteries)
* Cleaning supplies
* Pool and hobby chemicals
* Fluorescent light tubes, yard light bulbs and their ballasts
* Contaminated kerosene and gasoline.
Items Not Accepted at the WasteMobile
* Medical wastes
* Ammunition or flares
* Compressed gas cylinders (propane tanks)
* Empty or leaking containers
* Business-generated wastes. (For information about business-generated wastes, please call (360) 786-5457.)
* Smoke detectors
* Fire extinguishers
* Computers, monitors, TVs and electronics
Questions: Call 357-2491 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Thurston County website.