The Thurston County WasteMobile offers a convenient way to dispose of household toxic products without having to drive to HazoHouse on Hogum Bay Road. The WasteMobile is a traveling collection station where residents can dispose of household poisonous products free-of-charge.
The next 2008 WasteMobile events will be held on the following days:
Saturday, Sept. 13 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Rochester Middle School
9937 Highway 12 S.W.
Sunday, Sept. 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Silver Springs Organics
13835 Military Road S.E.
Items Accepted at the WasteMobile
Please bring waste in five-gallon containers or smaller. The following items will be accepted (no business-generated wastes, please):
* Auto products (motor oil, oil filters, antifreeze, car batteries, brake fluid)
* Oil-based and latex paints
* Thinners and solvents
* Pesticides and herbicides
* Glues and adhesives
* Any type of battery (also visit the Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation for a list of local sites that accept rechargeable batteries)
* Cleaning supplies
* Pool and hobby chemicals
* Fluorescent light bulbs and tubes
* Contaminated kerosene and gasoline.
Items Not Accepted at the WasteMobile
* Medical wastes
* Ammunition or flares
* Propane tanks (take these to HazoHouse or Community Recycle Days)
* Empty or leaking containers
* Business-generated wastes. (For information about business-generated wastes, please call (360) 786-5457.)
* Smoke detectors
* Fire extinguishers
* Computers, monitors, TVs and electronics (take these items to Community Recycle Days)
* Household appliances (take appliances to Community Recycle Days)
* Yard waste
* Radioactive materials
Please Transport Materials Safely
Keep products in original containers. Never mix different products. Make sure items are well sealed, lids tight, placed in leak-proof tub or box with absorbent material (like newspaper) to prevent spills. Transport products away from children, pets, and vehicle passenger compartments.
Questions: Call 357-2491 or e-mail email@example.com.