Gordon’s Garden Center’s Kellie Petersen in the Patio Shop
This writer has received a few questions about what is happening at Yelm’s own Gordon’s Garden Center, so my wife & I set up an appointment and went in to speak with owner Kellie Petersen.
Ms. Petersen reports:
1. we are here for the long run
2. we are closed on Monday’s effective in August as the season winds down – the slowest day of our week.
3. the parking lot property was sold last year and all is being consolidated to vacate that for the new owner
4. next Spring, the concrete parking lot in the patio shop will be the main entrance.
Gordon’s consolidation is progressing to make the store a specialized boutique. With very challenging Spring weather, loss of traffic from out-of-area shoppers because of the high gas prices and Yelm’s notorious traffic that makes customers think twice about coming to this town, Ms. Petersen said she has noticed a tremendous effect this year on her business.
Under such circumstances, a business-owner must change with current issues that effect customers’ buying habits. Gordon’s is meeting that challenge by specializing in what they do best:
– offer quality in selection and
– the best in customer service.
As Ms. Petersen pointed out, her trees are grown in fields and then wrapped in burlap, which is a higher quality product that grows larger and therefore is higher in price than what you will see at a big-box store. However, one cannot compare this type of product with others of lesser quality.
YES! Gordon’s is open and ready to serve during the consolidation!
STOP IN AT GORDON’S GARDEN CENTER AND TELL THEM YOU READ ABOUT THEM ON THE YELM COMMUNITY BLOG!
UPDATE: The NVN had a front-page story on Gordon’s in their September 19th edition.