Several stories have highlighted the Yelm area in the news in recent days –
– “Nisqually Tribe building new jail near vacant one”
Read more from Drew Mikkelsen of KING-5 TV News in Seattle.
– Yelm Rotary Club raises $2,000 in their second annual Prairie Stampede 5K run
Read more about the run from the Yelm Community Blog.
– “Emergency Department Consistent Care Program at Providence St. Peter Hospital wins National Award for Improving Community Health”
Read more from Providence St. Peter Hospital’s Press Release.
– Area Fireworks calendar:
“Fireworks are allowed in the following places, with restrictions as specified:
– Yelm: 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. today through Monday; 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday.
– In unincorporated Pierce County, fireworks can be discharged from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. today through Sunday; 9 a.m. to midnight Monday; and 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Tuesday.
– In unincorporated Thurston County, fireworks can be discharged from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday and Monday,” quoting Stephanie Kim in the Tacoma News Tribune.