“TRANSPARENCY IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT”
Did you know there are will be a Yelm Community Schools Replacement Levy on the ballot February 14, 2012?
Gotta love that date!
This is a very critical time for Yelm Community Schools (YCS) and a very important REPLACEMENT Levy.
Our area’s children ARE our future.
Won’t you gather information about the fabulous work of the Yelm Community Schools and cast your ballot in support of their 2012 Replacement Levy to continue to provide our youth with an outstanding, quality education?
Afterall, so many Yelm Community Blog readers are former students of Yelm Community Schools & you can attest how how experiences there impacted your lives!
1. Citizens for Support of Yelm Schools says there are a few ways you can help out between now and January.
– Provide us 10 email addresses of friends and family who are YCS voters that might be interested in the levy
– Share our email link with all of your local contacts
– Like us on Facebook and ask your friends to like us too!
2. Attend one of YCS Superintendent Andy Wolf’s 4 community “chats” in December.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
Read more on the dates/times.
3. Read why “Today more than ever our schools are full of great hope and promise!”
By Andy Wolf, Yelm Community Schools Superintendent
4. Read the 2013-2016 Maintenance & Operations Replacement Levy Presentation.
Mayor Ron Harding was on the Bus Tour of Yelm Community Schools on November 15, 2011 and commented at the last City Council Meeting on-the-record at how much he learned about YCS he did not know. As a former YCS attendee, he above all should be proclaiming his support for the February Replacement Levy to his citizens in every way, plus enlisting the support of his City Council and Council electees.
As Superintendent Wolfe told the bus tour participants, Yelm Community Schools ARE Yelm’s Best-kept secret.”
THE TIME HAS COME WHERE YELM COMMUNITY SCHOOLS ARE NO LONGER A SECRET, RATHER AN ASSET TO BE TOUTED AT EVERY TURN.
THE FIRST PLACE THIS SHOULD BEGIN IS FROM OUR OWN CITY HALL!
SOME MAY SAY THIS IS POLITICIZING THIS ISSUE.
I AM ALL FOR EDUCATING THE PUBLIC ABOUT THIS CRUCIAL UP-COMING BALLOT & SEEING THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL GET ON-BOARD WITH AS MUCH ENTHUSIASM AS THEY HAVE HAD FOR A $1.2 MILLION LIBRARY CONDO PURCHASE AND WHO TOUT THE LIBRARY FOR OUR CHILDREN.
WHATEVER WILL SOUND THE ALARMS TO GET THIS CITY PASSIONATE FOR OUR SCHOOLS’ LEVY IS AS IMPORTANT FOR OUR STUDENTS, TOO.
PLEASE SUPPORT THE YELM COMMUNITY SCHOOLS BALLOT ON FEBRUARY 14, 2012!
OUR YOUTH ARE OUR FUTURE.