Rainier Community Garden FREE Workshops and Events:
– In partnership with “Reap What You Grow”, a literacy enrichment youth program sponsored by TOGETHER!, kids will be painting numbers on 36 garden beds. Open to all ages (youth and adults) who want to join in the fun. Bring your friends and family! Paints, supplies and refreshments will be provided.
– July 14th at 10 am: “Wild Edibles Tour” with Christine Jarlik-Bell.
Take a second look at “weeds” and discover food or medicinal herbs that grow naturally in our own garden or backyards.
– July 28th at 10 am: “Cloning Plants and Trees” with Buddy from Organic Friendly Farms Garden and Hydroponics Supply.
Discover how to replicate plants and trees with a simple cloning machine anyone can make.
– August 25th at 10 am: “Food Preservation” with Lois Willman, WSU Certified Master Food Preserver and Safety Advisor.
– Learn the most recent guidelines for safe food preservation, storage and handling. Bring your pressure canner gauges to be tested for accuracy.
– Weekly Work Parties: Tuesdays: 4 – 7 p.m. | Saturdays: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
– We’ll be planting, weeding, watering, harvesting for the food bank and continuing to
– build our new front entrance and work shed. Everyone is welcome! New gardeners too!
– Please bring: water, hat, gloves, weeding or planting tools and any snacks you might need.
– The Garden is located at the south end of the Rainier High School parking lot by the large greenhouse. (308 Second Street West in downtown Rainier)
– Our purpose is to bring the Rainier community and surrounding areas together and provide educational gardening opportunities for everyone while growing fresh food and impacting local hunger issues. This year, we have already donated close to 100 lbs of vegetables to the Rainier Food Bank.
Check out new photos of the garden and “like” us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/rainiercommunitygarden
Rainier Community Garden
308 Second Street West
Rainier, Washington 98576
Contact: Angie or Mike Karnes, or Jeannine at (360) 458-0578 or firstname.lastname@example.org.