Republican Primary candidate Jim Vaughn endorsed Democratic State Senate candidate Bruce Lachney today for his campaign for the 2nd Legislative District Senate seat.
I believe that Bruce Lachney and I are more alike than different. We share the same concerns regarding the budget, the deficit, job creation and education, said Jim Vaughn.
– Bruce Lachney is a lifelong northwest native.
– Born in Seattle in 1960, he graduated from the University of Washington in 1980.
– His service in the United States Marine Corps was spent serving as a jet pilot with two tours to the Far East and a deployment as part of Operation Eastern Wind to Somalia.
– Bruce is a former Captain with Delta Airlines.
– He is the Chair of the Board of Trustees for Clover Park Technical College, as well as, a former Eatonville School Board Director.
– One of only 850 Ocean Spray cranberry growers in America, Bruce and his family also produce rhubarb, cattle, timber and hay for local markets.
Senator Randi Becker accepted $2,400 in campaign contributions from one of the states largest healthcare providers. These providers are behind an amendment to deny consumers access to information on why their healthcare premiums are going up. In this economic recession when people are struggling to make ends meet, we simply need someone on our side, added Vaughn.
Jim Vaughn is an Executive Recruiter working with veterans to create job opportunities. He served on the Budget Committee for the South Kitsap School District and served on the Pierce County Work Force Development Council.
– “Dems Lachney picks up rare GOP endorsement in 2nd LD”
Check-out Brad Shannon’s take on this development in The Olympian.