“National Voter Registration Day (NVRD), September 23, 2014 is a huge national effort to get as many people to register to vote as possible. The goal is not to advocate on behalf of a candidate or party, but to make sure that people register and vote. Thurston County Auditor Mary Hall reminds voters, Democracy depends on your participation. Your vote is your voice.
Do you or someone you know need to update an existing registration or register for the first time?
The Thurston County Auditors Office is urging all residents to help get the word out and to take action. Visit vote.wa.gov to update or register today or in person at the Thurston County Auditors Office, 2000 Lakeridge Dr SW, Olympia.
Special activities include:
* Governor Jay Inslee and Secretary of State Kim Wyman will be sending out a joint email urging all state employees to update their address or register to vote in Washington State to help foster National Voter Registration Day.
* All of the Timberland Libraries in Thurston County will have NVRD posters, stickers and voter registration forms at their locations.
* Thurston County, the Public Utility District, the Cities of Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater, Tenino, and Yelm are participating by either displaying their own fliers, an NVRD poster, or sending an email to their staff about National Voter Registration Day.
* Yelm Cinemas is displaying a voter registration advertisement before each movie through October 11, 2014.
* On September 23, the Thurston County Auditor will have staff at the Olympia InterCity Transit Office from 3 pm 6 pm and The Evergreen State College from 9 am – 1 pm.
If you have any questions, please contact the Thurston County Auditors Office, Elections Division at (360) 786-5408,” quoting the Thurston Democrats.