Erika Taylor Montgomery, Three Girls’ CEO
Photo courtesy: Three Girls Media
– The Mayor’s State of the City has been traditionally presented in February for the public and media at the Yelm Chamber Forum, yet is not on their agenda this year. No public announcement has been made on when Mayor Harding will present his annual address.
– From the Yelm Chamber of Commerce:
Join us at our February Forum & Luncheon as Erika Taylor Montgomery with Three Girls Media will lead us in a dynamic presentation:
Social Media Marketing: What Your Business needs to Know to be Effective!
Erika Taylor Montgomery founded Three Girls Media Inc. 10 years ago. Prior to launching her successful public relations and social media management business she was an on-air TV and radio host in the San Francisco Bay Area for 20 years. Erika moved her company to Washington in 2013. Her business headquarters are in Yelm and she resides in Rainier. She loves helping small business owners publicize their companies and seeing them grow.
Read more about Yelm-based Three Girls Media.
– Editor’s note:
* The Forums are reflecting the previously-announced re-branding of the Yelm Chamber to focus more as a local business development organization, rather than primarily supporting local events and tourism in this area. On Tuesday, December 8, 2015, Executive Director Victoria Wortberg outlined to the members at the monthly Forum the vision of the Chamber for 2016 and beyond:
• What new programs are going to be available to help you grow your business (sneak peek: a new Chamber website that lets you sell directly to other members)
• How you can share your concerns and suggestions with City officials (i.e.: regular Town Halls)
• How the Chamber will help market our community and businesses outside of the Yelm area (i.e.: new events)
• How you can improve your skills at managing “the business of your business” (i.e. personalized coaching and seminars with business experts)
Click here for more.
* The Yelm Chamber of Commerce Mission Statement has also changed to:
“The Chamber of Commerce supports our local businesses by promoting economic development, community involvement, and government connectivity.”
* The Yelm Chamber was authorized $7,500 by the Yelm City Council on January 26, 2016 for the following services on behalf of the City of Yelm:
“Provide 2016 tourist and area promotional services; research and prepare tourist-related materials promoting the City of Yelm; produce the 2016 map; organize, sponsor, administer and advertise community events that draw attendees from outside the Yelm area, such as Yelm Prairie Days and the Home and Garden Show; and provide space for a display and information booth at various events at the CITY’S request,” quoting the Council’s Staff report.
Blogger Klein is a Yelm Chamber member.