AARP tax assistance district coordinator Kirsten Klein (no relation to this Blogger)
explaining their program to a senior citizen.
Photo credit: Steve Bloom, The Olympian, email@example.com
– “Many qualify for free tax preparation at 6 Thurston County sites”
* AARP volunteers are trained to help
* Service available at six sites in Thurston County [ends April 18, 2016 this year’s IRS deadline]
* Program designed for people with lower or middle income
“One of the best kept secrets about income taxes is that many people can get them done — by a trained tax preparer — for free.
About 475 people are expected to go through just one of the six AARP Foundation’s Tax Aide sites in Thurston County this year, local coordinator Dave Bartruff said.
And that’s part of the secret: While the AARP Foundation sponsors the service, clients don’t have to be AARP members. The service is available to anyone with lower to middle income, Bartruff said.”
AVERAGE ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME
▪ Yelm Adult Community Center: $24,406.
▪ Yelm Adult Community Center: 2-6 p.m. Fridays.