The Cascade Bicycle Club STP (Seattle to Portland) Classic transits Yelm this weekend, the 2016 Group Health STP presented by Alaska Airlines!
Yelm area drivers: please be aware, yield to and welcome bicyclists passing through here.
2016 Event date:
Saturday, July 16, 2015 to Sunday, July 17, 2015
From the Cascade Bicycle Club:
“This 200+ mile bicycle ride is the largest multi-day bicycle event in the Northwest, with up to 10,000 participants riding from Seattle to Portland in one or two days. The route takes you through the scenic valleys, forests, and farmlands of western Washington and Oregon. Come ride what Bicycling Magazine has listed as one of the best cycling events in the nation!
* An epic journey connecting two of America’s great bicycling cities
* The choice of a one-day or two-day event
* An exclusive journey through Joint Base Lewis-McChord
* An amazing network of volunteers and organizations to help you reach the finish line
* A diverse community of cyclists working towards one common goal: Portland or BUST!
The Group Health Seattle to Portland presented by Alaska Airlines is a joint fundraiser for Cascade Bicycle Club and WA Bikes– profits are shared equally. Your registration fee helps Cascade provide bicycle education programs for children, families, school groups and everyone else who wants to ride a bike. It also helps us advocate for safer, more connected bicycle infrastructure throughout the state and region.”