Photo: Special to the Stayton Mail
– By Justin Much, Stayton Mail in the Statesman Journal, of Gannet’s USA Today Network:
“City of Aumsville invites town denizens (sic) to visit the Community Center and meet new City Administrator Ron Harding and his wife Myrna, 6:30 to 7 p.m. Monday, Aug. 22.
The Community Center is located at 555 Main St., and the meet and greet will precede the regularly-scheduled city council meeting.”
“Harding comes to Aumsville from Yelm, Wash., a city south of Tacoma with a population listed at 7,639, where he had served as mayor since 2005. He also served on the Yelm City Council from 2001-05.
Aumsville city officials said Harding’s background includes positions as a business manager, administrator and chief deputy auditor. He has a Bachelor’s of Science in business administration and recently earned certification as professional in human resources (PHR).”
Were I an Aumsville, Oregon citizen, I would want to know several things:
* Why is a three-term elected mayor, who ran unopposed for his 2nd & 3rd terms, and now more than half way through his third term, leaving for Aumsville?
* Why is Mr. Harding leaving a town more than twice the size of Ausmville to come here?
* Why is Mr. Harding leaving a city where he told The Olympian he is a 5th generation descendant?
* Why is an elected mayor of a town twice the size of Aumsville coming here as City Administrator to work under an elected mayor?
* Why have we heard twice in the Aumsville newspaper about Mr. Harding’s Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration, yet not the school and year of his degree?
(A BS in Business Administration usually is indicative of an online degree, as opposed to a 4 year college curriculum.)
* While Mr. Harding may have come to Aumsville merely for better pay, where is the honesty in just saying that as the reason?
– UPDATE: September 2016
“Host of experience: Ron Harding named city administrator in Aumsville”
By Mary Owen, Our Town Blog.