– High Wind Warning for our area
“HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 AM PDT FRIDAY…
* WINDS… SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST WINDS OF 20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS OF 45 TO 55 MPH ARE EXPECTED THIS EVENING THROUGH EARLY FRIDAY MORNING.”
Read more from The National Weather Service, Seattle.
– “Pacific Northwest Storm Parade, Including Remnant of Typhoon Songda, Could Bring Destructive Winds, Flooding, Huge Waves”
* Two additional strong storm systems will impact the Northwest through the weekend.
* One of the systems will be the remnants of Typhoon Songda.
* Destructive winds, flooding rain, coastal flooding, huge waves and high-mountain snow are all possible impacts. Read more from Brian Donegan, The Weather Channel.
– The Columbus Day Storm of 1962 (also known as the Big Blow)