“Potential surface setup for the Pacific Northwest storm”
Photo credit: The Weather Channel
– Saturday’s storm forecast to be most powerful since 1962
* Another much stronger Pacific storm will strike the Northwest Saturday.
* This Saturday storm will include the remnant of Typhoon Songda.
* Damaging winds, flooding rain, coastal flooding, huge waves and high-mountain snow are all possible impacts.
These destructive winds may also occur along the I-5 corridor in Washington and Oregon.
Read more from The Weather Channel.
– “HIGH WIND WATCH FROM 12PM PDT SAT UNTIL 3AM PDT SUN”
“… WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PDT THIS EVENING… … HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT… … HIGH WIND WARNING HAS ENDED…”
Read more from The National Weather Service.
– The Columbus Day Storm of 1962 (also known as the Big Blow)