Butt Naked Organics owner Aria Cissney brought her food truck to the Yelm city council
parking area to dovetail with the YBA proposal, at the invitation of YBA V.P. Steve Craig.
Photo credit: Butt Naked Organics.
* THE PUBLIC SHOULD SHOW EN-MASSE TO VOICE THEIR SUPPORT
* Yelm’s City Council conducts a Town Hall forum to get feedback.
* Friday, Nov. 4, 7pm, Yelm Community Center.
* Two issues for discussion: allowing marijuana retailers and food trucks in Yelm.
* Food Truck regulations proposal submitted by the Yelm Business Assn. (YBA)
* The last public Town Hall community forum was in 2004 for proposed NASCAR track.
– From the City of Yelm:
CITY OF YELM PUBLIC FORUM
The City of Yelm has scheduled a Public Forum to discuss Regulations concerning Food Trucks and Cannabis Retail Locations in the City of Yelm. This Forum will be an opportunity to voice your concerns regarding these issues. It will be a listening session for the Mayor and Council. All testimony will be taken into consideration when developing regulations for these two issues. The meeting will take place at 7:00 pm at the Yelm Community Center located at 301 Second St. S.E.
– From Lori Johnson, Executive Director, Washington State Food Truck Association
Provided this statement to Yelm Community Blog readers:
“As the small business industry of mobile food continues to grow in popularity here in Washington, it only makes sense for local governments to make the necessary changes to accommodate this issue.
Many cities are welcoming these innovative businesses by writing simple regulations meant only to protect public health and safety. It is not the role of government, to create protectionist barriers for some business, and not allowing for economic liberty to all.”
PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR FRIENDS & NEIGHBORS TO PARTICIPATE THIS FRIDAY!