– Thurston County Emergency Management’s message about the Nisqually River.
• Tacoma Power will increase their release of water from the LaGrande Dam from 2,500 cfs to 7,000 cfs by 8:00 p.m. this evening [Monday, March 13, 2017], with the higher flow continuing through Friday due to anticipated heavy rainfall this week. Farm and pasture land may experience enhanced erosion.
• River conditions can change rapidly, so residents should monitor local forecasts and NOAA weather radio.
• If you have questions about this message, please call Thurston County Emergency Management at 360-867-2800.
– Special Weather Statement for Southwest Interior, Washington
Issuing Office: Seattle/Tacoma
3:05am PDT, Tue Mar 14
… PERIODS OF HEAVY RAINFALL TODAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT WILL LEAD TO AN INCREASED THREAT OF LANDSLIDES IN WESTERN WASHINGTON… CONTINUED WET WEATHER OVER MANY WEEKS HAS KEPT THE SOILS OF WESTERN WASHINGTON NEAR SATURATION. PERIODS OF HEAVY RAIN ARE EXPECTED OVER THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS THAT WILL ADD ONE TO THREE INCHES OF RAIN IN THE LOWLANDS.