– PUBLIC HEARING ON MARIJUANA REGULATIONS
“The Thurston Board of County Commissioners will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, April 25th, at 5:30 p.m. [Thurston County Courthouse – Building #1, Room 280, Olympia] to accept public testimony on extending the interim zoning regulations for state-licensed marijuana producers, processors and retailers.
HERE’S WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE PUBLIC HEARING
* County Commissioners will hear testimony and take public comment on the proposal to extend interim marijuana zoning regulations that are currently set to expire on May 8, 2017.
* County staff has recommended that the current interim regulations as amended be extended by six months so staff can develop and refine a proposal for permanent marijuana zoning regulations that is consistent with state laws.
* There are no proposals to change the zoning districts where marijuana producers, processors or retailers are currently allowed.
* The interim regulations are proposed to be amended to add a cap on the number of medical marijuana cooperatives permitted in unincorporated Thurston County. As proposed, there would be a limit of 10 cooperatives.
* An amendment is also proposed to add limited setback encroachments for utilities such as water lines, septic systems and wells into the 100′ setback from residential.”
From Thurston County Long Range Planning.