* Utility relocation almost complete
* Contractor to begin major road construction by end of May
* Lengthy delays expected once reconstruction begins
* Alternative Route suggested during construction periods.
– BALD HILL RD, SMITH PRAIRIE RD TO OWL PIT Safety Improvement Project
This project will reconstruct a 2.5 mile section of Bald Hill Road SE, between Smith Prairie Road and Owl Pit, widening the roadway to provide 11 foot travel lanes with 5 foot paved shoulders. New stormwater facilities will also be constructed.
Jan 25th, 2017 –The relocation of utilities will by PSE and Fairpoint continue until May of 2017 at which time the contractor will return to begin major road construction, the speed limit will be 25 MPH during this time, and the anticipated completion date of this project is by September 2017. [ Alternative Route advised.]