Sen. Becker’s (2nd from right) bill-signing by Gov. Inslee
Photo credit: Sen. Becker’s Newsletter
– From Sen. Randi Becker’s Newsletter:
“The governor signs my bills into law.”
“Many of the bills I worked on this session passed both chambers of the Legislature and will become law. So far, Gov. Inslee has signed two of my bills and several more are due to be signed as well. Click below to read more on those bills.”
Signed into law:
“Those who report illegal or unethical activities at state agencies earned further protections under a bill sponsored by Sen. Randi Becker, R-Eatonville, and signed into law by Gov. Inslee.”
* Senate Bill 5374 – Whistleblower protections
* Senate Bill 5372 – Audit findings and government accountability
Yet to be signed:
* Senate Bill 5200: Complimentary Discover Pass
* Senate Bill 5631: University of Washington contracting
* Senate Bill 5436: Telemedicine locations
* Substitute Senate Bill 5705: Behavioral health agencies
Rep. Andrew Barkis, R-Olympia, saw his first bill as a lawmaker signed into law.
Gov. Inslee signs first bill of Rep. Barkis (2nd from right)
Photo credit: Office of Rep. Andrew Barkis
– From the website of Rep. Andrew Barkis:
“Gov. Jay Inslee signed House Bill 1027 clarifying the licensing requirements for resident and nonresident surplus line brokers. Generally, only insurers authorized by the Office of Insurance Commissioner may transact insurance business in the state. The exception lies with surplus line brokers.”
“Barkis‘ bill will go into effect on January 1, 2018.”
Post a comment
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!
By submitting a comment you grant Yelm Community Blog a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.