WA Attorney General Bob Ferguson
* “He’s becoming a folk hero to progressives around the country.”
Keith Schipper, a Republican campaign consultant
* “Let me put it this way: I would be shocked if he didn’t run for something else.”
Ron Dotzauer, who managed Democrat Booth Gardner’s successful 1984 bid for Washington governor and now runs a public-relations firm
* “The fact that these are winning issues in court legitimizes his actions.”
Chad Minnick, a Republican campaign consultant
– “Could ‘folk hero to progressives’ be Washington’s next governor?”
“Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson was largely unknown outside his home state — and even within it — until he successfully blocked President Donald Trump’s controversial travel ban in February.
Since then, the second-term attorney general has repeatedly pushed back against Trump’s administration, been named one of TIME Magazine’s “100 Most Influential People” and been lauded as a progressive heartthrob on the cover of a Seattle alternative weekly, The Stranger.
Observers say Ferguson’s early win against Trump has set up the 52-year-old Democratic politician to run for higher office, especially in left-leaning Washington state. Now, he just needs to keep up his momentum — something he’s already doing with his steady drumbeat of challenges to Trump’s environmental policies and other orders, several political consultants said,” by Melissa Santos, Tacoma News-Tribune.
– “Why I Am Suing Trump: Washington State Attorney General Fights Trump Administration on Muslim Ban”
By Amy Goodman, Democracy Now!, Video Interview.
– “This Is Our Best Defense Against Trump’s Immigration Policies”
“Even with limited control over ICE agents, sanctuary is a public statement with a powerful political impact.”
By Mary Turck, YES! Magazine.