“Gov. Jay Inslee signed the two year operating budget [June 30].”
Note: Sen. Randi Becker is standing to the Governor’s left.
Photo credit: Office of Gov. Jay Inslee
– From Gov. Jay Inslee, July 26, 2017, 9:50am
“You know how proud I am of our state and everything we create here. And, now, CNBC is backing me up: It’s named Washington America’s top state for business for 2017. Read more here — and watch the video featuring some of our greatest entrepreneurs and actors!”
“With small businesses and companies that are changing the future of technology, our incredible entrepreneurship shines through. We’re proving that investing in children’s education, supporting working families, and being inclusive is good for business.
“It’s a big deal. Help me spread the word.”
– “Washington is America’s Top State for Business in 2017”
* Washington’s economy grew 3.7% in 2016, nearly two and a half times the national rate.
* The nation’s largest concentration of STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) workers reside in Washington state.
* Washington state follows California in the most patents filed last year.
* Washington state has no income or corporate income tax, but wages and rent are among the highest in the United States.
By Scott Cohn, CNBC.