Posted by Steve on August 4, 2017 at 12:01 am |
Hawthron Trees in bloom
Photo credit: southnorthsouth.net
– Yelm’s official tree the Hawthorn has several benefits
“Hawthorn Berry for Your Heart”
Story at a glance –
* Hawthorn berry “haws” have been used to make wine and jelly and to flavor brandy for years, but not many people are aware of the impressive ways this plant has been used as a remedy for heart problems and more
* Every part of the hawthorn berry, including the flowers, berries, leaves, stems and even the bark, was used to make medicines in ancient Greece and Asia
* Hawthorn may work as well as heart medications to improve symptoms, including those due to related problems such as high blood pressure, atherosclerosis and arrhythmia
* Herbalists identify bioflavonoids, proanthocyanidins and other antioxidants as the active ingredients that make hawthorn so effective
By Dr. Mercola.
– About the Washington Hawthorn Tree
The Washington hawthorn is a small, colorful tree that will brighten any landscape. Its pleasant display begins with reddish-purple leaves emerging in spring, then turning dark green as they are joined by a graceful display of white flowers. In autumn, the leaves turn orange, scarlet or purple. Red berries extend the colorful show into winter, often contrasting beautifully with the first winter snow,” by the Arbor Day Foundation.
Posted by Steve on August 4, 2017 at 12:01 am | Permalink