– “Declare a War on Waste!”
* This second installment of the documentary TV series “Hugh’s War on Waste,” which debuted in 2015, highlights one man’s attempt to spearhead radical change throughout the U.K. related to food and clothing waste
* Britons throw away about one-third of all the food produced within the U.K.
* Twenty percent of crops grown in the U.K. never get eaten due to cosmetic standards imposed by supermarkets, calling for the rejection of fruits and vegetables that are imperfect in size, shape or appearance.
By Dr. Mercola.
– What you can do to keep your food—and money—out of the trash!
“The average American wastes 209 to 254 pounds of edible food each year. That is a huge waste of resources and costs a family of four about $130 a month. Yet most people don’t realize they waste that much,” from Thurston County Public Works.
Click here to “Use the easy SMART tips and tools to reduce your waste.
Click here for “Ways to help solve the problem on a larger scale.”
Click here to “Find out how much food you really waste.”
Click here for “Handy resources to help you waste less.”