Courtesy: American Express
* American Express ‘Shop Small’ program supports Yelm local businesses and elsewhere,
* Support small businesses in a big way – Let’s Shop Small®,
* Shopping local gives to our community in huge ways,
* Gov. Jay Inslee’s Proclamation that designated Nov. 25 as Small Business Saturday,
* Click here for the map of the American Express Small Business participants in Yelm.
Read more from American Express.
– “Local Spots to Shop on Small Business Saturday”
“The products, services, and locales of these mom-and-pop shops differ, but all take pride in providing outstanding customer service, maintaining relationships, and being part of their communities.”
“Small Business Saturday, launched by American Express in 2010 to promote local retailers, restaurants, and services, is looking to continue its successful charge in 2017. Last year, an estimated 112 million shoppers bought at small businesses, a 13 percent increase over 2015.
Officially recognized by Congress in 2011, Small Business Saturday joins Black Friday and Cyber Monday as the biggest shopping weekend of the year. Support from public officials in all 50 states has added to the effort.
According to the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), small businesses provide jobs for 58 million Americans. Local firms give back to their communities, create healthy neighborhoods, and offer residents more choices. Shoppers and retailers are building relationships within their communities, and Small Business Saturday is becoming a holiday tradition,” By Patricia Doherty, Departures Dispatch.