Courtesy: Elect Mary Hall campaign
– Thurston County Auditor Mary Hall kicked-off her re-election campaign last night.
I attended the re-election campaign kick-off for my good friend Mary Hall Thursday evening in Lacey, with a packed-house of many current and former Democratic elected officials in Thurston County and others from the region. In 2014, Hall was the first Democratic Thurston County Auditor elected in 71 years. Her hallmark has been to bring efficiency and transparency to the Thurston County Auditor’s Office. Four years ago Hall ran on a platform of standing-up for and representing all constituents without bias, unlike her opponent and his Deputy (Ron Harding).
– Hall works to break down barriers to voting by advocating for progressive legislation:
* Same Day Voter Registration,
* Automatic Voter Registration
* Pre-registration for 16 and 17 year-olds.
* Washington Voting Rights Act
Read more on her accomplishments.
– Hall’s Op-Ed was featured in The Olympian, January 19, 2018:
“Voting rights bills before Legislature remove barriers to participation”
“Voting rights are in the air this legislative session. From elected leaders to grassroots activists, Washingtonians are working hard to pass exciting policies to bolster our democracy. As auditor for Thurston County, I am proud to lend my support to three innovative bills in particular: Automatic voter registration, same-day registration, and pre-registration for 16- and 17-year-olds,” by Mary Hall, Thurston County Auditor.
Read more of Hall’s op-ed.
– Learn more about Mary Hall and contribute to her campaign!