Living Water, part of the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel.
– Yelm signed a contract with an Olympia church for the annual $40,000+ revenue
* While the City of Yelm has been looking for ways to offset the annual expenses to maintain/operate the Yelm Community Center, a novel approach from an Olympia church has led to Yelm signing a contract where the Yelm Community Center is booked for the better part of every Sunday to an Olympia church, Living Water, part of the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel.
* Is this fair to the other churches who have invested in Yelm properties and our community?
* Why does Yelm government repeatedly go for the revenue enhancing fast buck without examining all of the ramifications?
* The Yelm Farmer’s Market is returning to downtown Yelm at the Yelm Community Center for their 2018 season, however has been told they can not use the space on Sundays due to this church being there. The Yelm Farmer’s Market had to reschedule their 2018 dates to Saturdays.
* Due to a long-term contract with an out-of-town church, Living Water, the Yelm public will have no opportunity to rent their community center on Sundays, unless in late afternoon.
* Living Water touts, advertises, and uses the address of the Yelm Community Center as their Yelm Campus.
Click here, watch their video.
* The outcry from this city if Ramtha’s School of Enlightenment (RSE) rented the community center a 1/2 day a week and called the Yelm Community Center their Yelm Satellite Campus would be enormous!
* Yelm’s Community Center was built after voters rejected the bond two separate times, so the city council (including then-councilor JW Foster’s vote) approved Mayor Harding’s end-run to build a scaled down facility using a low-income community block grant to ensure the community center would be available for public use. When an Olympia location of international mega-church is signed to a long-term contract for our community center every Sunday, then the city is again doing an end-run around constituents in trashing the purpose of the low income block grant.
* You can click here to let Mayor Foster and the city Council know your thoughts.
– Living Water Church on their “Yelm Campus”
Living Water Church’s “Yelm Campus”
at Yelm’s Community Center
Photo credit: Yelm Chamber of Commerce
– From Living Water Church’s website about their “Yelm Campus”
“Did you know that Yelm is the fastest growing city in Thurston County? In fact, according to census data, Yelm is supposed to grow in commerce alone an additional 33% over the next two years. What does that mean? In short, Yelm is at a crossroads of change. What better time than now, for the gospel to make an impact in that community. This is where your involvement makes a difference.
“Living Water is known for championing healthy change. We make space to hear and respond to the voice of the Lord, believing that by stewarding our rich heritage of sharing the gospel and legacy of making disciples, God is then glorified and communities begin to truly flourish.”