Photo by Leon Werdinger, Alamy Stock Photo, via NatGeo.
– Editor’s Note:
* Resulting visits to the Experience Olympia & Beyond tourism site will garner interest in Yelm.
* Even after a media release, this story merited no coverage in the local newspaper last week.
* YelmNews.com readers know how this Nat Geo acknowledgement for Olympia will benefit Yelm.
– “The Best Cities in the United States”
“Ratings reveal unexpected travel surprises in 30 cities.”
“Washington’s state capital boasts an eye-opening number of coffee shops per capita, from Olympia Coffee (three locations in town) to the skull-art-decorated Burial Grounds. Once suitably caffeinated, head out to one of Olympia’s similarly list-topping green spaces, including 314-acre waterfront Priest Point Park,” by George Stone and Amy Alipio, National Geographic Travel.
Click here for Experience Olympia & Beyond’s tourism site, and their Yelm page.
– “Coffee and parks help make Olympia one of the best small cities in the U.S.”
“This week the travel magazine listed its top 29 small cities to visit, and Olympia and Spokane were the Washington cities that made the list.”
“‘National Geographic [NatGeo] Traveler is a highly regarded publication,’ Experience Olympia & Beyond’s chief experience officer Shauna Stewart said in the release. ‘For Olympia to be recognized on this scale is truly an honor and speaks to the wonderful local makers that flourish in our community, from our local coffee roasters to the farmers market,” by Lauren Smith, The Olympian.