– Church of Living Water (CLW) on their “Yelm Campus”
Living Water Church-advertised “Yelm Campus”
is at Yelm’s Community Center.
Photo credit: Yelm Chamber of Commerce
* A Yelm Blog reader provided new information about Living Water Church’s Yelm locale,
* Living Water Church is also known as Church of Living Water (CLW),
* Church lists Yelm Community Center and address as their “Yelm Campus,”
* While the local newspaper ignores this with a biased Question of the Week, important details emerge,
* Pastor Michael Siegemund was a former VP of Rep. Andrew Barkis’s company,
* Rep. Barkis was appointed as 2nd LD state legislature interim Rep. Feb. 23, 2016,
* Rep. Barkis had a soft-opening for his new Yelm branch office April 1, 2016,
* Harding’s city hall granted a community center perpetual use contract to CLW, also in April 2016,
* Rep. Barkis was elected in Nov. 2016 as 2nd LD Rep. to the state legislature,
* Rep. Barkis was an early-on endorser of Yelm mayoral candidate Foster in Feb. 2017,
* Under Foster, Living Water received another perpetual use contract, also in Feb. 2017,
* Rep. Barkis’s former VP/business partner Michael Siegemund operates the Yelm church,
* Living Water Church has no state business license to operate a Yelm facility,
* Yet Living Water Church prominently advertises about a “Yelm campus” on their website,
* They have been operating a Yelm church for almost 2 years, are these coincidences or
* Did cronyism play a role in Yelm overlooking the ramifications, under 2 mayors?
* This is yet another Public Relations faux pas for city of Yelm management,
* The Yelm City Council needs to impose Community Center perpetual rental limits,
* Yelm’s Community Center should not be reserved for one entity @ same date/time all year.
* This is the community’s center, not to be allowed to be hijacked weekly by outsiders!
Click here for the full story.
– From Living Water Church’s website about their “Yelm Campus”
“Did you know that Yelm is the fastest growing city in Thurston County? In fact, according to census data, Yelm is supposed to grow in commerce alone an additional 33% over the next two years. What does that mean? In short, Yelm is at a crossroads of change. What better time than now, for the gospel to make an impact in that community. This is where your involvement makes a difference.
“Living Water is known for championing healthy change. We make space to hear and respond to the voice of the Lord, believing that by stewarding our rich heritage of sharing the gospel and legacy of making disciples, God is then glorified and communities begin to truly flourish.”
– Editor’s Note:
While the chamber has been granted use of the community center for their monthly forum luncheons to promote the facility, how far in perpetuity does the chamber get community center usage comped? The council annually appropriates monies to the Chamber to publish a community map and now provides the community center to them gratis, too. The Yelm Chamber Forum e-mailers state:
“Special thank you to City of Yelm – Government for providing our meeting location”
The council should also discuss putting a limit to the chamber’s free use.