– “Candidate Filing Week May 14 – 18, 2018”
“Online filing begins at 9:00 am Monday, May 14 and closes promptly at 4:00 pm Friday, May 18.”
“Click here for candidate materials. quoting the Thurston County Auditor’s Office.
– Other key positions on the ballot for the Thurston/Yelm area, yet not limited to:
* Congressional District No. 10
U.S. Representative (Two Year Term, Partisan) Denny Heck
* Legislative District No. 2
State Representative Pos. 1 (Two Year Term, Partisan) Andrew Barkis
* State Representative Pos. 2 (Two Year Term, Partisan) JT Wilcox
* Other key County positions on the ballot for the Yelm area, yet not limited to:
District Court Judges, Positions 1, 2, 3
Click here for the full list of offices up for election in 2018.
– From The Olympian Editorial Board
“Enlisting help makes our fact checking stronger”
“…Why we are teaming up with a Bellevue-based nonprofit called Verify More for the 2018 election cycle that kicks off Monday in Washington state with candidate filing week. Verify More will act as a clearinghouse, paying Ohio-based Sterling Talent Solutions to check the background of candidates who run for office.
“Why do it? Frankly small daily newspapers lack the staffing to do the kind of early-cycle reporting on candidates that once was routine during campaigns. The days when The Olympian’s had its own political reporting team at the state Capitol are gone, and we now share a single statehouse reporter with our sister paper, The News Tribune.”