Credit: Dr. Mercola.
– Editor’s note:
You can buy local, humanely raised dairy and meat products at the Yelm Food Co-op.
– “Grass Fed Dairy Study Shows How Much Better It Really Is”
* A recent study noted a “near-perfect balance” of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, as well as beneficial conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), in grass fed dairy products, helping consumers reduce their cardiovascular and metabolic disease risks
* The improved fatty acid profile in grass fed organic milk and dairy products brings the omega-6 to omega-3 ratio to a near 1-to-1, compared to 5.7-to-1 in conventional whole milk
* In the U.S. today, consumers eat 10 to 15 times more omega-6s compared to what they eat in omega-3s, which is negatively impacting their health
* Decreased demand in milk sales is causing a major ripple in the dairy industry, as by all appearances it’s fast approaching obsolescence due to larger conglomerates pushing out small farming operations
* The Organic Consumers Association (OCA) is asking federal entities to allow dairy farmers to distribute unpasteurized milk via interstate commerce, while complying with warning labels and safe handling instructions
By Dr. Mercola.