– Quoting the Olympic Region Clean Air Agency (ORCAA):
“As of July 15, no outdoor burning is allowed in Thurston County due to elevated risks of wildfire. The Thurston County Outdoor Burn Permit application will be available again shortly before the Oct. 1, 2018 start of the new burn season (weather permitting). In the meantime, consider utilizing one of the many Alternatives to Burning available to residents of Thurston County. These include:
* Curb-side pickup service for yard waste material exists throughout most of Thurston County. Contact Thurston County Solid Waste.
* Composting turns your yard waste into a great soil additive, at NO COST.
* Chipping woody materials creates an effective ground cover that blocks weed growth and improves drainage.
* Dropping off yard waste at composting facilities and transfer stations is easy and cost effective.”