Jet stream pumps heat into the Northwest
Photo credit: The Weather Channel
– Excessive heat returns Monday through Thursday inclusive
Monday through Thursday inclusive forecasted highs are well into the 90’s for Yelm and vicinity. Hottest days are Wednesday and Thursday in the mid-90’s, then low 80’s on Friday.
– “Most of Washington under high or very high wildfire risk”
“The Washington State Patrol is also reminding drivers that tossing a cigarette from your vehicle could bring you a $1,025 fine. If the cigarette sparked a fire, those fire-fighting costs and damages could also be passed along,” by Jimmy Bernhard, KING-5 TV News, Seattle.
– Yelm’s Cooling Center locations and hours of operation
* Yelm Timberland Library
210 Prairie Park St., Yelm
Hours: 10 a.m.- 8 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday; 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
* Yelm Public Safety Building
206 McKenzie Ave., Yelm
Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday
For a list of locations throughout the county where citizens can go to keep cool.
– “L&I urges safety in record heat”
“People who work outdoors in hot weather should follow these five tips to beat the heat:
1. Drink a lot of water. Start work well hydrated and try to drink a cup every 15 minutes.
2. Keep an eye on your co-workers. Watch those working around you for signs of heat-related illness, including headaches, dizziness or nausea.
3. Don’t overdo it. Pace your work and take scheduled breaks in the shade.
4. Wear lightweight clothing and remove protective gear when it’s safe to do so.
5. Limit caffeine and avoid heavy meals.”
From the Business Examiner: