Photo credit: Robert Piras/Shutterstock
– “Radiation from smartphones could trigger memory loss in teenagers (and right-handed users are the most likely to suffer), new study reveals”
* Cumulative exposure to mobile phones negatively affects the figural memory
* This refers to our ability to make sense of objects, patterns and shapes
* Sending text messages and browsing the internet could also affect this ability
“Smartphone radiation could be destroying the memory performance of a new generation of adolescents, a troubling new study has warned.”
“Researchers from the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) studied nearly 700 adolescents between the ages of 12 and 17 in Switzerland,” by Phoebe Weston, UK’s Daily Mail.
– “Despite Clear Evidence of Harm, Mobile Phone Industry Fights to Keep You Ignorant of the Risks”
* The International Agency for Research on Cancer classified cellphones as a Group 2B “possible carcinogen” based on the evidence available in 2011. Since then, the evidence of harm has grown significantly
* This year, two major studies have been published showing cellphone radiation causes DNA damage and increases your risk of cancer and other health problems
* Researchers are urging the IARC to upgrade its carcinogenicity classification for cellphones from a “possible” to a “probable” human carcinogen based on newer evidence
* For the past 25 years, the telecommunications industry has led an orchestrated PR campaign aimed at misleading consumers, journalists and policymakers about the science of cellphone radiation
* Of 326 cellphone safety studies, 56 percent found a biological effect from cellphone radiation while 44 percent did not. When funding was analyzed, it was discovered that 67 percent of the independently funded studies found a biological effect, compared to just 28 percent of the industry-funded studies. This funding bias creates a perceived lack of scientific consensus
By Dr. Mercola.