Mayor JW Foster
Credit: City of Yelm
– Editor’s note:
* Sept. 4, 2018, Councilor Stillwell asked Foster for a briefing on the 640 acre deal.
* Mayor Foster said details would be presented at the following Oct. 2 Study Session.
* Nothing was presented Oct. 2, nor Oct. 9, there still has been no public accounting on this.
* On Dec. 29, 2017, Mayor Foster unilaterally signed this deal without notice.
* The city council was not consulted, never informed until first questioned June 26, 2018.
* The mayor has provided no details to the Yelm taxpayers and the council in the 10 months!
* At end of 2019, Yelm may be out the LID revenue and own 640 acres. What is the city’s plan?
– Bottom line:
The continued stalling without explanation by Mayor Foster in not coming forward to address his city council and constituents about unilaterally signing an Agreement-for-Deed-in-Lieu-of-Foreclosure on December 29, 2017 is a clear and unequivocal abdication of leadership, and especially so after being questioned by Councilor DePinto on-the-record in a council session (June 26, 2018) and Councilor Stillwell in a Study Session (Sept. 4, 2018). And the Yelm city council is abdicating their role if they allow Foster’s obfuscation to continue!
Facts speak to truth and Foster needs to explain and have his staff detail his signed agreement.
Click here for his 38 page signed document that he unilaterally directed a Seattle law firm to draft and file as a public record in Thurston County, which Mayor Foster still has not presented to the council or the public!