Credit: Drew Angerer/Getty Images, bluebay/Shutterstock; Edited: JR/Truthout
Click here for the Yelm event video recorded Oct. 12th with candidates Victor Minjares, Tye Menser, and Andrew Saturn, courtesy of South Sound Events.
– Yelm’s Community Blogger endorses the following candidates:
* Maria Cantwell for US Senator.
* Denny Heck for US Rep., Congressional District 10.
* Carolyn Long for US Rep., Congressional District 3 (Clearwood).
* Annaliese Feld for Representative for LD 2.
* Tye Menser for Thurston County Commissioner, Dist. 3.
* Mary Hall for Thurston County Auditor.
* Steven Drew for Thurston County Assessor, recently appointed to replace Barbara Clarkson on SPSCC Board.
* Victor Minjares for Thurston Prosecutor.
* Andrew Saturn for Thurston County Public Utilities Commissioner.
– UPDATE: NOV. 5, 2018
“The Executive Committee of the Thurston County Democratic Central Committee (TCDCC) has been made aware of unacceptable and unprofessional statements and actions by PUD candidate Andrew Saturn towards elected officials, other candidates, and private citizens supporting his opponent.
“In his application for campaign services from TCDCC, Mr. Saturn signed an agreement to run a clean and ethical campaign. That agreement reads, in part, “I shall not use or knowingly permit the use of character defamation, whispering campaign, libel, slander, or scurrilous attacks on any candidate or his/her personal or family life.”
“In light of his recent breaches of these standards of conduct, the Executive Committee of the Thurston County Democratic Central Committee condemns Mr. Saturn’s behavior and disassociates itself from his campaign.”
Blogger Klein is a contributor to all of these campaigns.