– Published here every Father’s Day since June 15, 2008.
“Father’s Day is a celebration honoring fathers and celebrating fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the influence of fathers in society. It is celebrated on the third Sunday of June in many countries and on other days elsewhere. It complements Mother’s Day, the celebration honoring mothers,” quoting Wikipedia.
– Father’s Day was first celebrated in the United States in Spokane, WA., June 19, 1910.
Sonora Smart Dodd originally thought of the idea while listening to a Mother’s Day sermon the previous year.
Read more from Visit Spokane.com.
Click here for Father’s Day Fun Facts from Chiff.com.
– “A Look Back at Father’s Day Throughout the Years”
Amanda Garrity, Good Housekeeping.
– “‘Gift’ – A very touching video. About Father and son.”
– “Father’s Day Under Trump: A Grotesque Exercise in the Destruction of Families”
By William Rivers Pitt, Truthout.
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY TO ALL FATHERS EVERYWHERE!