Fabulous outings in our own ” backyard” with Kayak Nisqually in the Billy Frank, Jr. Nisqually Wildlife Refuge and beyond
* Kayak Nisqually, a south Puget Sound eco-tourism company, offers various tour options,
* All skill-sets welcome – you do not have to be an experienced kayaker,
* Owner-operator Sam Kaviar is a dedicated biologist and experienced sea kayaker,
* Tours feature paddles near wildlife, dynamic scenery around the Nisqually Delta.
* No better way to experience the marvels of our region than on the water’s surface.
– Editor’s note:
As a repeat customer, I took my out-of-town friend, Larry Grossman, on a half-day Kayak Nisqually adventure observing birds and wildlife on the South Sound’s waters on June 3, 2019.
We met at the assigned location, the boat-ramp adjacent the Nisqually Reach Nature Center north of Lacey, where we introduced ourselves to Kayak Nisqually owner/operator Sam Kaviar, who we discovered is from my hometown, Louisville, KY. After a very thorough technique demonstration, we were ready to go for our paddle. Kayaking is very different from canoeing in that one must paddle and turn the boat opposite of the methods used in canoeing. I likened the experience to driving on the left side of the road overseas. The 2 1/2 hour trip passed by way too fast, yet we left with wonderful experiences viewing birds, seals, and the beauty of the Olympics and Mt. Rainier. I am looking forward to my next tour on the South Sound with Sam later this summer.
What an outstanding kayaking tour guide!
Puget Sound Adventures
Sam Kaviar, owner/operator
TELL SAM YOU READ ABOUT KAYAK NISQUALLY IN THE YELM COMMUNITY BLOG!