“Tips to Be Thankful for: SEA Airport Holiday Travel Edition”
“Tools like Sea-Tac App help you know before you go“
- From the Port of Seattle:
“From Monday, November 25 through Monday, December 2, an estimated 1,080,000 passengers will travel through the airport with the busiest days seeing up to 160,000 travelers per day – or more than two sold out games for the Seahawks. Our team at SEA is working hard to ensure you have a good airport experience that is efficient, clean, safe, and (we hope!) even enjoyable. The busiest travel days will be Wednesday, Nov 27 (projected 163,500 passengers), Sunday, Dec. 1 (150,000), Tuesday, Nov. 26 (143,500), Monday, Dec. 2 (142,500), and Friday, Nov 22 (140,000).
This advice helps you prepare for your trip and discover something new at SEA.
Five Tips to Keep You Merry and Bright
- For a more efficient experience, download (or update!) the Sea-Tac App. See checkpoint waits in real time, locate restaurants and shops to explore, water bottle refill stations, and use the interactive map to navigate the airport.
- Give yourself the gift of time. Arrive two hours early for domestic flights and three hours for international travel.
- Going green is our favorite holiday color. Public transportation is the most efficient options to stay out of a traffic jam. Use Sound Transit Link light rail to travel all the way to the airport and the free “Train to Plane” shuttle cart service will chauffeur you from the station to the airport terminal.
- Be ready for security checkpoints. SEA and TSA want to help you move through security checkpoints as quickly as possible. Travelers are required to remove electronics larger than a cell phone from carry-on luggage. Keeping food or liquids in your carry-on luggage might prompt additional screenings.
- Need more travel hacks? Visit our recently relaunched Traveler Tips webpage for our best advice to navigate SEA like a frequent flier.