“Tis the Time of Year for Tips: SEA Airport Holiday Travel Edition”
- From the Port of Seattle:
“Over two weeks of the busiest time of the holiday season, more than two million travelers will be hustling and bustling their way through Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA). Passengers can look forward to daily holiday entertainment, a gift-wrapping station, and live reindeer.
“From Thursday, December 19 through Thursday, January 2, an estimated 2.1 million passengers will travel through the airport with the busiest days seeing more than 160,000 travelers per day – or more than the population of the City of Bellevue! Our team at SEA is working hard to ensure you have a positive airport experience that is efficient, clean, safe, and (we hope!) even enjoyable.”
Five tips to keep you merry and bright
- For a more efficient experience, download (or update!) the Sea-Tac App. See checkpoint waits in real\ time, locate restaurants and shops to explore, water bottle refill stations, and use the interactive map to navigate the airport. Now with accessible route directions!
- Give yourself the gift of time. Arrive two hours early for domestic flights and three hours for international travel.
- Going green is our favorite holiday color. Public transportation is the most efficient option to stay out of a traffic jam. Use Sound Transit Link light rail to travel all the way to the airport and the free “Train to Plane” shuttle cart service that chauffeurs you from the station to the airport terminal.
- Be ready for security checkpoints. SEA and TSA want to help you move through security checkpoints as quickly as possible. Travelers are required to remove electronics larger than a cell phone from carry-on luggage. Keeping food or liquids in your carry-on luggage might prompt additional screenings.
- Need more travel hacks? Visit our recently relaunched Traveler Tips webpage for our best advice to navigate SEA like a frequent flier.