“U.S. prepares for pandemic as coronavirus cases rise”
- Editor’s note: With Trump consuming the air yesterday in discrediting his own intelligence agency’s assessment that Russia is interfering in the 2020 election to assist his campaign and Bernie’s, this major news was relegated from the headlines:
- Dr. Nancy Messonnier, Director of CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Disease said yesterday, “There may be a time when more aggressive measures, such as temporarily closing schools or businesses in the U.S., are necessary.”
- This should serve as a warning to all Americans to prepare themselves and families if quarantined at home for an extended period of time!
- Click here for an interactive map that demonstrates the Corornavirus around the world.
- Click here or scroll to bottom to see yesterday’s breaking U. S. news on the Coronavirus.
- A pandemic is an epidemic on more than one continent.
“As global concerns over the coronavirus outbreak grow, the U.S. is taking steps to prepare for the possibility of a pandemic, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday.”
“Such repatriation flights [Diamond Princess cruise passengers] do not reflect our standard practice, and should not be relied upon as an option for U.S. citizens,” Ian Brownlee, an executive within the Department of State, said during a media briefing Friday [Feb. 21].
“On its website, the department has warned Americans to reconsider any planned cruises to or within Asia, saying such trips “may be impacted by travel restrictions affecting their itineraries or ability to disembark, or may be subject to quarantine procedures implemented by the local authorities.”
“The number of U.S. coronavirus cases is almost certain to grow, as thousands of people who’ve traveled recently to China are quarantining themselves voluntarily in their homes for 14 days and monitoring for symptoms.
“‘There may be a time when more aggressive measures, such as temporarily closing schools or businesses in the U.S., are necessary,’ she added [Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases],” by Erika Edwards, NBC News. Read more
“US prepares for possible coronavirus pandemic”
- DuPont ramps up safety suit production as coronavirus causes shortages in China
- Trip.com reschedules earnings
- Coronavirus fears spoil an otherwise solid earnings season
- Gold hits 7 year high
- South Korea now has the most coronavirus cases after China
- Only three states can test for coronavirus because of flawed kits
- Northern Italy reports 16 coronavirus cases
- US health officials prepare for coronavirus outbreak to become pandemic
- Facebook is the latest to pull out of a major industry conference as fears batter travel industry
- Major corporations have pulled their executives from attending conferences across the globe, including major trade shows in the U.S., as fears of a possible pandemic spread of the virus gripped the world meeting market.
- Coca-Cola takes an earnings hit on virus
- Read more
“Chinese researchers just confirmed that patients can transmit the coronavirus without showing symptoms. A woman passed it to 5 relatives.”
By Arai Bendex, Business Insider. Read more