“Pence offers praise, supplies, assurances to Inslee at ‘front lines’ of coronavirus fight”
- Editor’s note: With V. P. Pence complimenting Gov. Inslee on his visit to our area last Thursday, President Trump took to Twitter to criticize Pence for acknowledging Inslee, calling our governor a “snake.”
- Are Pence’s days as Vice President numbered?
- Will his appointment to leader on the Coronavirus be the very thing that gets him fired, or not selected again as V. P.? Stay tuned.
- Trump’s lack of credibility with COVID-19’s facts, and his inconsistencies, have spooked the USA’s financial markets, causing a crisis in confidence and chaos.
- The economy is his barometer of how well he is doing as President, which is taking a beating.
- The President took to name calling because Inslee was critical of the slow COVID-19 response from the Trump administration.
- Click here for the “Trump Misinformation Virus” | The Daily Show.
“Vice President Mike Pence brought praise Thursday for the state’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak, assurances of federal help and much needed supplies to aid in that effort.
“‘Washington state is on the front lines of the coronavirus,’ Pence said as he stood next to Gov. Jay Inslee and in front of most of the state’s congressional delegation. ‘We’re with you. We’re here to help and we’re here to stay.’
“Pence arrived at nearby Joint Base Lewis-McChord on Air Force Two, toured the state’s Emergency Operations Center with Inslee, met with state and local officials, then took questions from reporters,” by Jim Camden, The Spokesman-Review [Spokane]. Read more
“Trump praises CDC amid coronvirus (sic) outbreak, calls Washington governor ‘a snake’ during visit to agency”
“President Donald Trump tried to calm nerves amid the global outbreak of coronavirus while touring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta on Friday, but the visit took a political turn after he slammed Washington state’s Democratic governor who is grappling with the rapidly growing epidemic.
“Trump said he warned Vice President Mike Pence not to trust Gov. Jay Inslee during his Thursday visit to Washington state, which has been among the hardest hit areas across the U.S. with 10 deaths reported so far [now 14]. Inslee previously ran for the Democratic presidential nominee and has in the past been critical of the president.
“‘I told Mike not to be complimentary of that governor because that governor is a snake,” he told reporters while donning a “Keep America Great” hat at the CDC in Atlanta. “We have a lot of problems with the governor.’
“In a series of tweets Friday evening [March 6], Inslee said: ‘My single focus is and will continue to be the health and well-being of Washingtonians,” adding that “the vice president’s visit and our teams are working well together,'” by Courtney Subramanian and David Jackson, USA TODAY. Read more