“Inslee issues ‘stay-at-home’ order for Washington state”
“Washington officials say residents will need to stay home, unless absolutely necessary. ‘Essential businesses’ may remain open to the public.”
“Gov. Jay Inslee announced the statewide order at Monday at 5:30 p.m. The order takes effect immediately for residents, and in 48 hours for businesses. The order will be in place for a minimum of two weeks.”
“Grocery stores, pharmacies, banks, gas stations and restaurants offering take-out are among the essential businesses that will be allowed to remain open. State officials urged residents to not rush these businesses and to not hoard supplies.
“The order means:
- Grocery stores, banks, gas stations, pharmacies will be allowed to stay open.
- Restaurants offering take out will also be allowed to operate.
- Private and public gatherings are barred, including weddings and funerals.
- People will still be allowed to go outside for activities such as walking or exercise, but are reminded to keep at least 6 feet distance from other people.
- Workplaces that can do their business remotely may remain open.”
From KING-5 TV News, Seattle. Read more