- Editor’s note: While President Trump declared himself a ‘wartime president’ and invoked the Defense Production Act, he has not acted further.
- Trump has not mobilized corporations and the military to join with our nation’s heroic medical teams to produce the necessary equipment, isolation tents and medical supplies.
- Ret. Lt. Gen. Russel Honoré chaired the joint task force for Katrina under President George W. Bush’s administration, and spoke last week about what is required and what the military can do logistically.
- Ret. Lt. Gen. Russel Honoré said that America is facing an “invisible enemy,” which President Trump tweeted out moments later.
- More stories trending last week about Trump follow
- Editor’s note: That does not hold water, since Trump was informed of a likely pandemic by U. S. intelligence last January and February and did nothing except say this was just the flu. This is highlighted in the following story:
“President Trump and members of Congress failed to heed repeated early warnings from U.S. intelligence agencies about the outbreak’s potential severity, according to a blockbuster story in The Washington Post. Despite CIA and national intelligence reports from January and February that the coronavirus had the potential to sweep the globe, Trump continued to trust (and tweet) the Chinese government’s false claims that its spread was being controlled. ‘The system was blinking red,’ a U.S. official told The Post. ‘They just couldn’t get him to do anything about it,'” from The Washington Post daily brief.
Trump admin. asking state officials to hold off releasing unemployment numbers – becasue they are very serious