“As we mark 50 years, join us for an Earth Day unlike any other”
“5 Ways the Earth Has Changed Since Last Earth Day,” by Weather.com.
“Earth Month Turns 50: How Much Has Changed?“ by Reader’s Digest.
The Story of Stuff Project asks: “Should Plastic Producers Pay for Recycling?“
The Trump administration is pushing through other decisions that could devastate our health and environment for generations:
- The EPA has limited the studies regulators can use in the rulemaking process — a move meant to hurt future health regulations.
- The EPA is letting power plants and factories regulate themselves during the coronavirus epidemic, and they won’t issue fines for some air, water, and hazardous waste violations.
- The Department of the Interior is moving ahead to consider drilling projects on previously protected lands, like the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, and continuing oil and gas drilling lease auctions.
- The Interior Department also refused to extend the comment period on its proposed reinterpretation of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act — a 1918 rule protecting more than 800 birds.
- From Sen. Maria Cantwell. Click here